Thursday, June 17, 2004

busy mind, busy hands

For the first 13 yrs of married life I was a stay-at-home mom. It was the best job. I played every day with the kids and cooked and cleaned... and played some more with the kids. Housework can wait, kids cannot.

My kids grew and soon all were in school. That's when I decided it was time to go back to work.

Hats off to all working moms! It's double duty! You have day shift and then evening shift and really no break in between. It can get quite stressful.

I really didn't remember how much I enjoyed doing housework until my energy level was back up. Yes, here I go with that iron deficiency anemia again. My house is shaping up nicely. So much easier to do when you have the energy to actually do it.

The floors were really needing cleaning. I mean deeeeep cleaning. I mop, but it needed some scrubbing. There I was on my hands and knees, dragging the bucket and spray jug. My hair all stuck to my face from sweat, the cd player blaring and I'm just lost. Oblivious to it all. My mind starts turning over and over and thoughts are going 90-to-nuthing. I'm scrubbing and scooting and singing and just relaxing. HUH? Yup. It's been a good while since my kids totally left me alone to complete a task and it felt so good to actually start and not stop until the job was done!

The kitchen and front bathroom looks lil brighter. I think my soul got cleansed along with those floors. I sure feel a lil brighter myself!


No comments: