Saturday, June 26, 2004

From scratch

My sis informed me the other day that is LOVING freezer cooking and doesn't know why we didn't think of it sooner. I'm so glad she enjoys it as much as I do. She claims she won't need to cook again until next month. I'll have to do a ground meat mini session in the upcoming weeks. I'm waiting for a sale price to stock up.

Stocking up. You sure get some strange looks when you purchase 20+ yams while they are on sale. People are so use to modern living that they never think to put stuff up for use later. If I can only keep oldest child from eating one a day. With 4 people eating them, 20 of them don't go very far. I'll have to go back for more...maybe at a different store LOL

I have a few recipes I've been wanting to try. Today I tried a pizza crust. It is wonderful! While the crust was rising I went looking for the jar sauce. Hmm..none. Guess the kids found my stash too. What to do? Ask a friend who bakes basically everything from scratch. Sure enough, she had one. I added a wee too much onion powder..but man! The ingredients are basically what I keep in hand anyway. Love those kind of recipes.

This dough is just what I'm needing to make my homemade pizza pockets too. MMM And I still need to do some french toast and pancakes for the freeze.

In case you are wondering where I'm gonna put all this stuff...my wonderful, loving husband who fully supports me bought a new upright freezer. Most women get ticked at receiving an appliance as a gift. ME? I couldn't be happier than a pig in mudd. Hmm..pigs in a blanket..haven't made THAT in awhile. Wonder if that freezes well....

No comments: