Saturday, July 17, 2004

List of things to do...

After reading Jenns blog about crossing of some things to do in this lifetime I figured I'd blog about one particular time for me.

I'm sure most of you have thought about things you want to do in your lifetime. I sure have. Granted, I never thought I'd get married and have kids... but I'm so glad I did! Some things on the list have been crossed off. Typical things likes seeing someone in concert and going particular places.

There was one thing I always wanted to do. Make a snow angel. In REAL snow! Being from the deep South, it's kinda hard to find ANY snow. I had a book when I was little and the story was about a child getting all dressed up to go out in the snow and make a snow angel. Making that snow angel just stuck in my head.

In 2003 my sis and I went to Colorado. It had been snowing before we arrived and completely STOPPED by the time we got there. Snow was predicted, but each day it was pushed off. The day before we left still no snow!!!!! ARGH! Oh well, maybe another trip. The night before we were to leave it began to snow. And snow and snow! My aunt picked us up at the hotel and brought us to get some last min. things. In her neighborhood there was a house for sale. The driveway was huge and the snow had already covered it. We stopped...I jumped out and made TWO snow angels. My sis snapped a few photos and I was in heaven. I was so happy.

Now to most of you northerners snow is not that big of a deal. But to a lil gal in southern Louisiana who has dreamed of snow her entire life..it WAS a big deal.

When I told me aunt that I could now cross that off my list of things to do before I died I think she got all teary-eyed!!

No comments: