Saturday, January 22, 2005

Busy Saturday

We won't get blasted with snow or below 0 temps, but we are expecting cold weather. Yesteray and even today, the windows were open and at times it was stuffy inside the house. Tonight the wind is howling and it supposed to be 32! Brr.

Today I did a few loads of laundry. Then the kids cleaned their rooms. Egads! Where were they hiding this stuff??

I mixed up a some bulk mixes - a biscuit one that makes everything from pancakes/waffles to biscuits and cinnimon rolls to cookies! I love mixes that can be used lots of ways. I also made up a mix for instant oatmeal. It's basic stuff and you add whatever types of fruits to it or whatever you like in your oatmeal. The kids said it was good - that's gotta mean something! Thank goodness I finally found a recipe to use up some of those oats. You can only eat so much granola bars. Tomorrow it's pizza crusts and a taco seasoning in bulk. Can't wait for the pizza. We haven't had it in awhile.

We rented Elf and Anaconda. The kids have watched Anaconda 3 times already. Elf? Well, I got about 3/4 of the way thru and somehow I got lost in the kichen/laundry room and when I returned to the living room (2 hours later) the kids were on round 3 of Anaconda. Oh well. I'll catch the end in the next day or so. Hopefully. Oh the joys of being a parent. And I wonder why I don't read like I use to? I'd never finish a book at this rate.

Tomorrow is church and a baby shower. :) Nice quiet day!

Hope those of you up North are staying warm!

No comments: