Monday, June 13, 2005

Georgia Bound

My two youngest left this morning with my parents and are headed for Georgia to my brother's house. My parents will have 5 grandkids in one house for 3 days while my brother and his wife head out to Vegas.

While our kids are gone, Rich and I are headed out too. We are leaving Thursday and won't be back until Sunday. After 17 years, it's time for a vacation alone and a second honeymoon! Whoo hoo.

Jessica will be staying at a friends and they'll take care of work detail. Gotta love kid swaping. I think her and Amie have spent the night with each other every day except 2 in the past 2 weeks. I remember those days well. It's fun to watch them together. Reminds me of all the times me and my best friend spent going back and forth to each others houses. Lots of memories.

The garden is doing well. Lots of cukes and finally some green beans. MMM. Corn and tomatoes are just about ready. The watermellons and cantelopes are getting big. I even have some eggplants that should be ready soon. Lots of bell peppers even though the plants themselves are really small.

Most of my squash plants are gone. Something in the soil. You can see a band of yellow plants in one area all affected. My lone okra plant is producing. Rich has two heads of lettuce and some straggling carrots. I noticed yesterday that my spaghetti squash had flowers. Hope I get a few there. That sure would be nice. Those things are expensive!

Other than that... life is good. No affects from the tropical storm felt here. Keeping everyone else in prayers who comes in the path.

Time to get back to work!

No comments: