Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Keeping you filled with excitement

It's never a dull moment around here. Between teens coming and going, lawn mowing, garden harvesting and work, sometimes it's just more fun than a person should be allowed to have!

Teens seem to swarm down upon my house, eat my food, drink my cokes and then pile up in the living room or front porch to hang out. I don't mind. Actually, the cokes are for them. We aren't big coke drinkers. And yes, in the south a coke means a carbinated beverage. "You want a coke? What kind?" And no, we don't think that is any stranger than eating off of waxed paper at Rudy's.

The grass is dying is spots due to lack of rain. All the neighbors have huge brown spots in their yards. We need rain bad. We water the garden, but it's just not the same. And even though there is no rain, the grass still needs to be mowed weekly. ack! It's not too bad. The kids like to cut it. So do I. But my sinuses flair up so bad that it's just easier not to cut. I usually wear a mask, but that gets hot and I feel like I can't get enough oxygen. I'm sure I look like Michael Jackson when I wear it. No. I've got more of a tan than he does.

We have harvested the corn and replanted more. We have harvested green beans, replanted more. We have eaten an eggplant from the garden (fried) and it was yummy! My yellow squash was attacked by a weevil. The bell peppers are a'plenty, but very small. The cantelope was delish! The watermelon are growing good. The tomatoes and cukes have overtaken my countertop.

Rich made homemade veggie soup with the tomatoes from our garden. It was delish! And there is no more. He's such a good cook.

Work is busy. Super busy. Speaking of.. time to hit the keyboard!

No comments: