Saturday, October 15, 2005

one week later

Things have improved in the week since we have been home but we still have a long way to go. A very long way.

Walmart is open from 8 to 6. And sherriff's are at the doors and lots of employees are standing and watching.

McDonald's has 3 "meals" on the menu. That's it. There are some other fast food places open and they are doing the same thing.

School is supposed to start Oct 25th. I don't know how. Kids are living all over in other districts and don't have a way to get to school other than the bus. And lots of kids are still not back or have no home to live in. I'll have to dig around and find the kids' stuff that was in their backpacks. We have it.. somewhere. We also have uniforms. I wonder how many will not.

We are living in the popup pulled next to the patio. The house has mold and is damaged too back to live in. Fortunately I am able to use the kitchen (after MUCH cleaning), the laundry room, all appliances and our bathroom. Rich pulled a portable building for me to have an office to continue working at home. It's really nice. Sometimes I don't wanna leave the building. It takes me back to the real world. The world that is still in such shambles.

The kids are doing okay. They seem oblivious that a major hurricane came thru. Daniel even asked if he could have a friend spend the night. HUH?? We are living in a camper. LOL kids! I'm glad that it doesn't have them down tho.

Jessica is ready to start school again. Sarah loves being home to help and play with the critters.

We are doing all right. It could be a lot worse. I've seen worse. We are taking it just one day at a time. Slowly. no hopes, no dreams.. they get shattered. Tomorrow is another day and it will get better. It has to.

Time to go heat up supper. Rich BBQ'd yesterday MMMMMM

Tomorrow is the first time I will attend my church since the storm. Each week we say a prayer of protection from storms. Had we not been saying that..i cannot imagine how bad it would be. I'm looking forward to seeing familiar faces..but I know the tears will start and I will be unable to stop them. Maybe i need a good cleansing?

We shall see. I just want to be with family and friends...

Thanks everyone.. I know the prayers are working. Or I would have cracked by now.

Keep them coming.. God is answering your prayers.

No comments: