Sunday, November 20, 2005

How much More can we take?

I don't know what is going on or when things will settle down... but I don't know how much more we can take.

My husband's father passed away Monday night. Since then it has been a whirlwind around here. The week zipped by - it was just too fast. Too sudden. Too soon. A life too short. My FIL was 60 yrs old.

After the storm he got really weak and tired and went to the hospital. They found out then that he had MDS and had it for a very long time. He was in the final stages. He used the last weeks of his life to spend time alone with this wife and sons and get everything in order so that when he died everyone would know his wishes and things would be finalized and my MIL would not be left not knowing what to do. He was a very organized man and it really helped all the way around.

My MIL is a bit lost - to be expected. She is doing remarkably well considering. Rich and his brother are rediscovering a lost relationship. THAT is awesome to see. They are 9 yrs apart and basically don't know each other. My MIL and I are working to change that. Family is important to all of us and now we want to be a big family together. It sure is a good feeling.

Needless to say, we have been very busy around here. Still waiting on insurance to get their hiney in gear and let us know what the outcome of our house is going to be. The weather is gloomy and gray and all around icky. I have so much work to do it's unreal! I need to get to typing and yikes! the girls need to clean the camper table and couch. Looks like a whirlwind has hit.

Time to get shaking!

No comments: