Sunday, January 08, 2006

It's all about control

My MIL made this mixture. She called it her trailmix. It was good. Cept for all the nuts. Nuts give me major heartburn. So I picked them out and nibbled on the rest of the mix she sent home with us.

Today while I was zipping around the grocery store I remembered her mix. What was all in it? Hmm. I could call her! She recently got a cell phone and has that excitement of having a new toy and I know she'd get a kick out of receiving a phone call. Then I remembered I didn't like all those nuts. THEN I remembered it was homemade and I could make it any way I wanted!!! That's the best part about this mix. You make it how YOU want it.

Golden grahams cereal
Mini mashmellows
Pretzel knots
Sunflower seeds (shelled, of course)
Semi sweet choco chips
Soy nuts
Sesame sticks


The possibilities are endless! Mix and match and nuts and raisins and yogurt covered stuff... covered almonds and popcorn and.. whatever your heart desires. Each time is different depending on your mood. Colored marshmellows or white.. let the imagination run!

And ya know what? It's better than any mix I have ever eaten because it's got all the things *I* wanted and none of the things I didn't.

No comments: