Wednesday, July 19, 2006

July? Already!?

Yikes! We are more than halfway through July! This year has really flown by.

My teen is a driver now. Zipping all over and it's niiiice. She's really enjoying her independence. Last night she discovered she was low on power steering fluid. It was so cute to her with smudges of grime on her forehead and fingers and cheek LOL She got the manual, checked the levels and .. CALLED DAD hahaha. She found the fluid, filled the tank and is keeping a close eye on it. Great lesson about responbility and upkeep of having your own car. She's a great driver and I'm not near as nervous as I was the first day!

HOW DID MY PARENTS LET US GROW UP??

Funny, we could not understand WHY our parents were so nervous with us driving. Now I know! And I also know how she feels.

It's so nice with dentist, ortho, and errands. I have no doubt when she really spreads her wings and ventures into the big world, she will do just fine. She makes us so proud.

HURRICANE:

As Rich and I rode around after the hurricane, we talked about how long we thought it would take for our town to get back to prestorm. He said a year, easily. I said NO WAY. We southerners are a hard-working people!

It's almost been 10 months and we are still not back to prestorm. Most businesses are still running with small amounts of workers. A few weeks ago I saw Walmart had a sign saying they were gonna be open at 5a.m. soon. It use to be 24 hours, so I'm not sure now what their hours are.

I guess I was in denial about how much damage we actually had. It's hard to image such wide spread damage. There are many like us who are still not moving forward. Many have moved, never to return. It's so sad.

We finally received our last check from our insurance. Yeah! We have been looking at houses and land - but everything goes soo fast and is soo expensive. IT's hard to find something that meets what we need, and we've decided we are not going to "settle". So we just keep looking and praying. One day the right place will show itself. I've got enough to keep me busy for now.

I have a house to get rid of. Anyone want a cheap house?

No comments: