Friday, April 20, 2007

My head hurts

Finally. I dunno if I like this google/blogger thing. I don't do well with change. Even after all this time, my fingers instantly knew the sign on and password. Then I messed it up and linked blogger to it. UGH. I was spinning in circles there for a minute trying to remember what I changed it to this time. Between aol, yahoo, blogger, google, aim, work .. the passwords and sign ons get mixed up! I need a PDA just to keep it all straight.

Okay.. so it did rain. AND, the windows were down on my truck. It must not have rained long because the seats were dry by noon. I dunno how I managed to leave the windows down. I'm pretty fanatic about stuff like that. I musta been really tired. The rain we did have did the dirt good. It's good and packed now. Just what we wanted.

This weekend we are headed to our new house to take down the porch and do some stuff on the inside before they move it. Moving day is approaching. It's gonna be so nice to finally have a nice, big home again. The paperwork was finalized today and all is a go! The kids are already asking if they can sleep in their rooms with extension cords for fans. SURE! Wonder how long that is gonna last? It's good to see them excited and looking forward. For so long it seemed like it was never gonna happen. It's really going faster than I thought. Tomorrow is already Saturday.

Back in February I realized we were spending a tad too much on food and household stuff. While I'm not one to have a set budget for things, I knew we needed to curb the cost some and started hunting for ways to make that happen. Who's not up for saving money?? I my surfing the wonderful internet (what did we do without the internet???) I stumbled across coupon sites. Glorious coupons! And what a ball I have had since that day. My kids rib me about CVS and shopping with coupons, but they sure aren't complaining about the money we are saving in the meantime. It's taken a bit of getting use to - shopping on different days and a whole new way of buying things - but I am loving it. I'm a stockpiler by nature, so this really just feeds into that nicely. A friend has just joined me in couponing and it's neat to see someone else get as excited as I do over saving some serious cash! We won't talk about me riding around with 20 cans of Chef-boyardee in the back of my truck because I had no more room to store anything in my house or the pantry outside. Seriously. The kids are loving the new shampoos and deoderants and all the yummy foods we have been sampling. Things I would have NEVER paid full price for. NOW? Hey, .50 for that? Sure, let's get 10 of them.

I don't wanna hear "there is NOTHING to eat in the house" anymore.

Actually, the kids have requested that I take a break.. we are busting at the seams, they claim. Little do they know.. the new house has tons of storage. LOOK OUT!

No comments: