Tuesday, May 22, 2007

feels like home

It's been just over a week and it just feels like home. Instantly. Home. It works so well with our family.

There is still so much to do. It's so hard to think that waiting for 1.5 yrs for a home and we still have stuff to do that didn't have anything to do with getting a home. Yard stuff. Ugh. It never ends. Rich still has a shed that needs repairs... one shed still has to be gone thru and stuff tossed. One shed just needs to be torn down.

Life goes on with our without stopping...

So.. we planted a garden instead LOL Like we don't have enough to do! But gardens are soo good. Putting stuff up for later use is great too.

I have been doing really well with my coupons. I added here and there (mostly because we don't use a budget) that we averaged around 600.00 a month on groceries. YIKES!

Now? We average 400.00 a month. Most of the time less than that too. Some weeks I just don't have time to go get the few things the coupons would allow me to get at killer prices. So I just skip the week and keep the money. Last week at Kroger, my bill went from close to 70.00 down to 21.00! Whoohooo! I loves me some coupons.

I have been having a helluva time with everyone's shoes dragging in the dirt/sand from the yard. I guess I complained too much. :( But it worked! Today, Rich came home with a truck full of grass. A guy he knows put in a pool and he gave Rich the grass they took up where the pool is going. Rich has almost all of it down - he needs to come inside and get to bed!! That should help a lot and cut down on the washout of our dirt until we can get some gutters up.

It never ends... but at least we are working in the right direct. I say that now.. June 1 (hurricane season) is just around the corner.

No comments: