Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Daylight savings time

Okay, whoever messed with the time change.. STOP IT.

Here is a snippit I found on the web:

"Daylight Saving Time was instituted in the United States during World War I in order to save energy for war production by taking advantage of the later hours of daylight between April and October. During World War II the federal government again required the states to observe the time change. Between the wars and after World War II, states and communities chose whether or not to observe Daylight Saving Time. In 1966, Congress passed the Uniform Time Act which standardized the length of Daylight Saving Time.

The change to Daylight Saving Time allows us to use less energy in lighting our homes by taking advantage of the longer and later daylight hours."

All I know is that when the kid were young it totally messed up their naps and eating schedules.

I have now figured out why I am so dang tired! The time change. It's not supposed to change until November 4, but that's a week later then normal. My internal clock is anticipating the change already and is really gonna be messed up by the time the change happens. AFter afternoon I'm pooped. Yesterday I slept from 3 to 6! AND went to bed at a decent hour.

I popped out the bed this morning at 5.. and I'm regretting it now. I"m sure I'll need another nap this afternoon. I have a lot to do and don't want to sleep. I know if I don't sleep I'll be in an icky mood and just wanna lounge. I don't have time for that today. I really need to make my weekly menu plan... but I just haven't had time to sit down with the grocery flier and coupons and make one up. Tomorrow the new sales come out.. so I think I'll just wait until then.

No comments: