Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Here comes the rain again....

Here are the RedEyes in the hanging baskets on my front porch. They match so well with the chairs I painted. I"m making progress.












Can you tell what this is? It was my Mother's Day present. Yes, I have been asking for one!

It's a rain barrell. Hubby drilled holes in the lid for the water to go into the barrel. He put in a screen to catch leaves and what-nots from getting into the barrel and to stop mosquitos from laying eggs in the water. That hose on the side in the overflow outlet that drains into the white bucket on the side. There is a spigot on the bottom to attach a hose so I can water my plants with rain water. The pressure from the water in the barrell will force it out the hose once I open the spigot. I love it!! It's sitting in the corner where the porch and house meet and make a run off. It's supposed to rain this week. I'm so excited to see it in action!


1 comment:

Sheri said...

you are having wayyy to much fun with this! The flowers are beautiful-your hard work will be paid for by the joy of watching them bloom. You, make me miss my grandparents.