Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hump Day, Dumplings

Mid week. Gotta love it!

The chicken and dumplins went over well. I must have overworked my dough. Some of the dumplins were compacted balls of very firm dough. Some did get light and fluffy. I also added a can of carrots to give it some color. All in all, it was a great recipe and I"m sure one we will be having again. Who knew you could stretch 3 chicken breasts to feed a family of 5 with substantual leftovers by making chicken and dumplins? I am constantly on the lookout for frugal recipes as the cost of groceries rises right along with the gas. I dunno how people do it without coupons and planning ahead.

Time to get the kiddos moving. I think the novelty of school starting has worn off hahaha

3 comments:

Saved Sinner said...

Sounds nice. Can you post the recipe?

Heather said...

I agree with you. We're always commenting on how we don't know how not-so-frugal people get by these days. We have trouble paying our tax estimates, property taxes, and health insurance, and we're super-frugal!

Milehimama said...

Did your Kombucha ever turn out? I've been thinking about trying...