Monday, August 18, 2008

Menu Monday

I must get more organized. Well.. I need to STAY more organized. Things run so much smoother with a little organization. I just don't know why I cannot stick with it all at the same time. Couponing I jumped right into. Calendar keeping, the same thing. Menus... I just cannot seem to keep them going. I even tried repeating previous lists already made and that didn't work!

I'm giving it another go:

Monday - pepper steak/rice and pot stickers.

Tuesday - Chicken - in a red gravy or baked - family decides - veggies.

Wednesday - pork steaks in gravy with rice and veggie - Sarah's request.

Thursday - Chef boy R dee pizza - loaded :)

Friday - leftovers from the week!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I'm not great at menu planning either. I tend to be more of a fly by the seat of my pants kind of girl, because I never know what I'll need to use up.

How do you make pot stickers? Can you share that recipe?

Rachel said...

Pot stickers are chinese dumplings. I get them in the freezer section of the grocery store :) I use to fly by my pants, but knowing what I'm cooking and having all the ingredients sure makes it easier. I can defrost what I need sooner, prep stuff, have more time to cook when I prepare ahead. Funny, someone so organized as you! I sure thought you had menus planned for the month. And that is a compliment!!

Saved Sinner said...

I try to do weekly menu plans too (although sometimes it ends up as a vague plan in my head instead of written down). I found making a menu plan form where I can just fill in a new one each week helps. Sometimes it takes me a while to get it all filled in but having that sheet does help me to get strated on it each week.