Tuesday, October 28, 2008

recycled foods

Recycled, but not in the way you may be thinking. I hate to waste stuff. Anything. So I'm always looking for different ways to use things, including food!

You know when bananas are going bad you can freeze them for later and make banana bread, smoothies, pancakes. MMM So good!

What do you do with apples? I have a few apples that need to be used up. I also noticed apples were on sale at the store. Hmm.. I bought enough to eat fresh and some to use in either applesauce in the crockpot... apple muffins.... or...

APPLE CRISP II

And wouldn't you know it, Sarah picked up some Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Icecream last night at the store. I'm thinking of mixing up some of the "topping" and store it for later use - even if it's on just one apple. Will have to look into this.

1 comment:

Saved Sinner said...

Sounds quite similar to apple crumble except with oats in it. Maybe I'll try it as we've still got quite a stash of apples. (My husband is a gardener and this year must've been a good apple year as his customers keep giving him apples.) We've been drying the cest apples and using the rest for crumble so far.