Friday, October 24, 2008

Zoom

This week has just flown by! Thank goodness I get today off to do some catching up on things. Work has been so busy that I have not had time to blog, read email or pay bills! YIKES! The pay is good, so I won't complain.

I have managed to cook ever day this week - with exception to Wednesday, due to a migraine. UGH. So, sweet Sarah cooked! I am so blessed to have a 13-year-old who will take the initiative and cook. She cooked frozen burritoes in a casserole dish with enchilada sauce poured on top, slices of cheese, and a jalopeno pepper! MMMM Oh, and a side of corn :)

The house? Well.. that's another story. I'm working on that today. So far so good. I have gotten lots done: Filing, paid bills, cleaned out my purse!!, picked up house, did some laundry, fixed the bed!!, ran the dishwasher, and even lit my oil burner to enjoy while cleaning.

The weather is foggy, damp and cool. I think we will be having gumbo for supper. YUMMY! A neighbor gave us some smoked turkey wings and necks for Richard working on his blower. We love bartering.

My grandmother is doing awesome!

Time to go look at grocery ads online and try to put together a menu for next week. I have to work this weekend, but hopefully I will be able to make it to the store - or the kids will hang me up by my toes.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Rachel, I'm glad you're back! I tried to leave you a comment yesterday, asking where you were, but stupid Blogger was in one of its moods, and wouldn't let me.

Congrats on the price book! I'm really glad you liked the enchilada recipe. I wanted to mention that another family favorite around here is tater tot casserole. I think it might be a midwestern thing, but it's my husband's favorite. You can get the recipe on Economical Eats.

Have a good weekend!