Saturday, November 15, 2008

ickies

I have been sick. Really sick. So sick that I think I may have even had the flu. I haven't been that sick in a very long time. It was horrible. And I"m not a good patient when I'm sick. Now? My voice is practically gone. Blah. Oh well.. it gives me more time to LISTEN instead of talk.

I keep having this feeling I am behind. It's not even Tgiving and I'm worried about getting my shopping in, decorating done, and having time to ENJOY the holidays. I know planning is the key. I also know my frustration comes from working every other weekend and not having time off. Yes, you read that correctly. I work every other weekend. There is NO time to recharge. Unfortunately, that's the way it is with work and the only way to change that is to quit, which I cannot do at this point. I love my job. I DO! But geeze, gimme a break. I know I also need some vacation time, which is also impossible to do around the holidays also.

I'll just do the best I can. With that, today I want to get out and do some shopping. I guess the kids and I will do some running around and hopefully I will get something purchased to help ease this knawing fear I have that I won't have it all done.

Time to get moving.. my hunny is supposed to be going to another rig today, so I want to spend some time with him while the kiddos are sleeping in. Then maybe we'll get some serious shopping done! Even if I cannot speak!! They should enjoy that.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Sorry to hear you have been so sick! I'm battling a sinus thing that won't go away.

I feel rushed too. I think it's because Thanksgiving is "late" this year. There won't be much time between TG and Christmas!! I'm hoping to get some shopping done this week.