Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Is your foot in my shoe??

You know that saying when the shoe is on the other foot? Well, I think my daughter is wearing my shoes. Not literally. But this morning she was getting ready to go to school and then work. She wears scrubs. These were new. Pretty teal color. Makes her long legs look even longer, shows how thin she is, and kinda tones down the top heaviness. She's naturally pretty - even skin tone, olive complected, long dark brown hair and green eyes. hey, a mamma can be partial! She really is pretty. She rarely wears makeup and doesn't need it. She fixed her hair back in a ponytail with the tail half out the last band. She was telling me about her new scrubs and racing around the kitchen for something quick. She returns to where I am wearing her knee-high rubber boots saying how her friends are probably gonna laugh at her, but she has to walk through the flooded yard to her car, walk to the school, and then go on to work after school. Her scrubs are new and she does not want to ruin them. She also does not want to walk around with wet shoes and wet pants bottoms all day.

WHAT?????

Oh yah... I think she's finally getting it....

And she really don't care HOW she looks with her scrubs and rubber boots. Seroiusly. It does the job and that's all that matters.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Rachel, I'd love to see pics of your kids on your blog some day, if you're comfortable sharing them.

Also, I'm going to post some holiday recipes on Friday!