Tuesday, November 11, 2008

sparse cooking

Even though I planned the menus out it doesn't mean they get down. Even more so when I'm the one who is sick. Hubby cooks a lot and helps a lot... but him cooking what was on my menu for the past few days and weekend... not gonna happen. I teased him because when I am sick he will do take out. So much for cooking LOL He did grill the kids some hotdogs and had all the fixings. Right up there alley. But making chicken and dumplins...not so much his cup of tea.

Over the weekend we did a lot of sammies and cereal and grab/make what you can. My kids are not babies and are pretty self-sufficient. I wasn't worried about them starving. Which is a good thing because I was practically dying and totally unable to get up and move for any length of time. I lounged. LOUNGED and lounged some more all weekend. It's very different when you want to lounge and when you cannot do anything else but lie there in pain and misery. I was sick and tired of lounging by Sunday. ugh!

I am still not my old self and my standing/working around the house time is getting longer, but I knew there was no way I was up for cooking a huge meal and the kids were already in the process of making plans for going to friends since there was no school the next day.

Awhile back I made a mix for hamburger helper kinda stuff. I still had some of the mix left and I saw stroganoff was on there MMMM quick and easy. And let me just add... delicious! I was kinda skeptical.. but wow! I found another meal for us to enjoy.

Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things soon! I miss cooking. Moreso, I miss being organized!

2 comments:

Saved Sinner said...

Hope you're back to normal soon - I know how frustrating it can be when you can't get everything you want to done.

Jennifer said...

Praying you feel better soon.