Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Lists of lists

It's kind creepy when you meet people online and find out you have a lot more in common than more of the people you have known all your life!

Heather is one organizing woman. She's given me some great ideas in the short time I have known her. The longer I read her blog, the more I find we have a lot in common. One of those things is Lists. I love lists and love making lists. I especially love scratching things OFF my list. Read her latest post and find out about her love for lists and my list below will make more sense.

apples
carrots
cabbage ?
onions - 2
bananas
*canned meat
jasmine rice
chili - 1 can
croutons
mayo!
*pickles
tomatoe soup - 2 cans
breef broth
*canned fruit
*cereal - 3 boxes
pancake mix
*batteries
stroudels?
burritoes
paper plates
*toilet paper
chips
bread
pies - apple
cheese - sliced, block
eggs
milk
eggnog
lunch meat
*breakfast sauage

* = coupon
? = check the price

I did buy other things on my list because they were on sale. I did really well. I saved 30.00+ dollars in coupons and loyalty card savings. My final bill was 135.00.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Great list! I like how you put an asterisk so you don't forget your coupons.

I have to ask though...why the exclamation after mayo?

Melissa said...

How funny - I put an asterick by my coupon items too!!!

Rachel said...

Heather said...
Great list! I like how you put an asterisk so you don't forget your coupons.

I have to ask though...why the exclamation after mayo?
****************

Cause we were out and I had to make sure I picked some up LOL

momstheword said...

O.k., so here is my question to you. Do you write things down that you've already done, JUST so you can scratch them off and get "credit" for them. If you do, then I will know that we are meant to be, lol!

Rachel said...

momstheword said...
O.k., so here is my question to you. Do you write things down that you've already done, JUST so you can scratch them off and get "credit" for them. If you do, then I will know that we are meant to be, lol!

********

I have been guilty of doing this! I sometimes start my day without list and, yes, I need to get that credit to SEE that I am accomplishing things :)