Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Catching up on organizing

ACK! Time is flying. Too bad it's not while I'm having fun.

I finally cleaned our bathroom. Vanity, toilet (every day swish/swipe), and then I wiped all the baseboards, around the shower, tub and toilet. It was dusty!

I finally sorted through the stack of papers on my desk:

Paid bills online, filed papers
wrote check for Year book, filed paper
must put new insurance cards in all vehicles, filed paper
wrote letter/faxed to be excused for jury duty
contacted woman whose jury duty paper was in with mine!
wrote out rebate for Kitchenaid mixer, ready to mail
wrote out Rich's ticket, ready to mail (seatbelt!!)
Filled in dates for Sarah's game on calender (she did, AND she put stickers!!)
Updated pocket calender to match master calendar
File important papers in fire box
Updated price book online
Taped yearbook envelope to door so it won't be forgotten in the morning. I'm working on getting a central station for our stuff. I know what I want, I just cannot find it.

I know it doesn't LOOK like I did a lot. It's all the sorting, filing, and writing that takes time. I feel so much better. I have my "ducks in a row" so-to-speak.
My desk looks so much better now.

I checked out a local blog for the Kroger sneak peak sales.. yeah! Mustard will be free. I was to the end of my last bottle. And I need to stock up on ketchup. AND Mayo is FINALLY going on sale. I think I will stockup on that too. I love saving. There was also talk of a coupon swap meeting. I could feel my palms sweating. Not really. Well, maybe I got a little excited.

Now I need to put the clothes to the dryer, tidy the living room, clip my coupons, get everyone ready for school tomorrow, maybe put a candle burning and soak in the nice clean tub.

Who says being a mom is EASY???

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Wow, you got a lot accomplished! I wish my kids would let me do tasks like that. Usually when they are occupied I just want to sit on the couch and catch my breath! lol!