Friday, January 02, 2009

Mixing it up

I am flipping through my cookbook looking for anything and everything to mix up.

I wanted to do the Missouri Mix and the Master meat mix. I cannot find my baking powder, and I know I am not out. I might make a quick dash to the store later. I have used the Missouri mix for years. I usually make pancakes and cinninom rolls with it, but this new link has so many new recipes I want to try.

I have heard good things about the Master Meat mix and may have to try that soon. Now that we have the George Foreman grill, I want to mix up some patties and freeze them. You pop one on the grill for a quick meal anytime!

I also want to mix up some pizza dough and bag it up! Ohoo.. yes! I had totally forgot about that.

And some cookie dough to keep in the freezer. That tube stuff don't taste near as good as homemade. Ohoo. hubby would love that. I bought a tub for a school fundraiser once. The kids would make a cookie a day (a big one) and that was it. They cooked it in the convection oven. Ahh.. memories of living in our little house. :)

This puppy can handle mix for 9 dozen cookies! I think I may just be baking more for the holidays next year - made in advance!

At the moment, my Kitchenaid is mixing up some GatorAid for the kids. I love it!

GATORAID MIX

3 packets lemon-lime koolaid
4 packets lemonaide koolaid
4 1/2 C sugar
1 Tablespoon salt

Put all in bowl and mix well. Use 1/3 cup mix in 1 quart water. Stir well.

It's just about done mixing and I won't worry if it's thoroughly mixed. Gotta love it!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Sounds like you are enjoying your mixer already! I use mine mostly for baking - cakes, icing, cookies, breads, baked oatmeal, etc. Although I am taking a break from all the sweets for a while!!

Melanie said...

I just checked out the Missouri Mix. I have to try it! We go through boxes of Bisquick like crazy. I just wonder if my picky kid will eat it.