Thursday, January 08, 2009

sniff, sniff

Can you smell it? Try again. Do you?

It's my chicken and dumplings. MMMMM 12 minutes left and then they can dig in. Do my kids like it?

My 16-year-old asked if it was that stuff.. with the biscuits and the veggies. YES! He said he was definitely eating some.

My youngest said she don't like the dumplins. 10:1 says she eats them.

I add some extras to Ms. Maggie's recipe: carrots, celery, onion, and garlic powder. You know us cajuns, we like it choked full of goodness.

Best part? Used my kitchenaid to make up the dumplings and it was a snap!!

I cooked up 6 boneless/skinless chicken breasts. I put 3 in the dumplins. I haven't decided if I'm gonna make chicken enchiladas or chicken pot pie with homemade crust, of course, with the extra chicken.

I really need to whip up some cream of mix. It's nice to have on hand. I don't use cream of soups that often, so this would be perfect. Plus, I am sure it's way cheaper. And I get to use my KA lol

If you are in the area... stop on by. There is plenty to go around. Oh, and coffee icecream (bluebell) for dessert.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I love coffee ice cream!

Lucy Stern said...

LOVE Blue Bell.....Vanilla Bean is probably my favorite.

I always liked chicken and dumplins when I was growing up but haven't made it in years because my husband doesn't like it....I wish I was close enough to eat some of yours. Yummmmm!

Kelly said...

Love chicken and dumplings! I think I'll make up some cream soup mix too. Oh and I tried your recipe for gatorade...kids loved it!

Jennifer said...

YUMMY! Chicken & Dumplings. I had planned to make some Monday but made spaghetti instead. Hummm, I'll be there in about 6 hours or so!