Saturday, January 03, 2009

Today's mixings

Can you tell I am having fun with my new Kitchenaid??

Today I mixed burgers for the freezer.

FREEZER BURGERS
2 packets of Lipton beefy onion soup mix
1 1/2 cups of water
5 pounds ground meat
seasonings (option - I like to season when I cook it)

Take 1 1/2 cups of warm water and put the 2 packets of lipton in them. Stir. Let them sit so the onions rehydrate. Put the ground meat in the mixer bowl. Add the soup mix. Start the Kitchenaid. Stand in awe. I didn't time it, but waited until it looked well mixed - approximately 2 minutes?

Shape into patties and put on wax paper on cookie sheet. Layer sheets and add patties. Put in freezer to flash freeze. Once frozen, pop off sheets and put in ziplock. Store in freezer.

Great for a quick meal! I cook mine in a skillet or the George Foreman grill. Season to taste.

You can do the same for meatballs. You can either cook them or flash freeze.


I also made the Missouri Mix. WOW. Once the kids realized what it was, I was forced to make pancakes. I mixed the pancakes in the kitchenaid and then added in 2 bananas. I made two batches of pancakes. Normally, Daniel can eat 4 pancakes. Tonight, he only ate 2. HAHAHA He kept saying how filling they were. MMMMM They were so good. I also partially defrosted a tube of jimmy dean all natural breakfast sausage, sliced, cooked on the George Foreman.

Nothing beats homemade.

And yes, my Missouri Mix containers are labeled. Richard even noticed that!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm gonna try the Missouri Mix!

Lucy Stern said...

I'll have to try your freezer burgers.....Have fun with your Kitchen Aid.

Kelly said...

Love my Kitchen Aid! It has a place of honor on my counter. I also love the Missouri Mix. So much better than Bisquick.

Jennifer said...

Ok, now I just HAVE to have a Kitchen Aid. I still haven'yt convinced my husband though.