Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bonko

Last night was Bonko. I won 3rd place. Whoo hooo me!

We had a great time, as always. It was nice to get away and escape for an evening.

Rich cooked burgers in the skillet for the kids. I wanted burgers wrapped in bacon cooked in brown gravy. He ran out of time. Hmm, ya think?? I keep telling him he cannot wait until the last minute and throw something together. It takes TIME and prepping takes TIME. I remember when the kids were young it seemed just as I cleaned up from one meal it was time to start another. It was very frustrating.

So, tonight I used the leftover ground meat to cook the burgers that I wanted last night. I also tried a new recipe - crockpot scalloped potatoes. Ehhh.. it's okay, but I think I prefer it in the oven.

Rich is offshore again and should get back later this evening. Sweeet!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Ok I'm guessing 'bonko' is actually Bunko! I have never heard of bonko before. Yay for winning! I know what you mean about cleaning up after cooking. I feel like I am forever cleaning my kitchen since the kids eat all day long some days.

rebelmomma said...

Just found your blog...funny. I too live in louisiana and have a husband named Rich who works offshore. Thought "offshore" was code & we share the same husband but then you mentioned he cooks & well I knew he's not my Rich...lol.