Saturday, March 14, 2009

Bucket of tomatoes

Richard loves to garden. And I knew he would love this. It is still raining and he cannot stand to be trapped inside the house. Perfect project for him to do on the porch.

By the time I caught up with him, he had already drilled the hole in the bottom of the bucket and put the tomatoe plant through.
















Then I filled it with dirt while he held it up.

















Then he drilled the hole and put the hanger in.
















And here is the finished product! Hopefully this will produce lots. We also did 2 bell pepper plants this way.

2 comments:

Heather said...

This is cool! I've never seen this done before. I'm anxious to see how it turns out.

Sheri said...

I'm going to show mom this- I'm not sure if she will be able to plant- when is it time to plant tomatoes anyway? She is having surgery next week and will be on strict bed rest for at least 3 weeks!