Thursday, April 23, 2009

Almost time.

Most of my friends are older than me. That's puts me about half-way between them and their kids. Their kids are really like my nieces and nephews. I am blessed to witness the wonderful relationships between mothers and daughters and sons. To see how important it is to have a good relationship. And to see the work it involves. It ain't easy. My friends are also able to comfort me as I go thru the same trials and tribulations they went thru with their own children. My support group is wonderful.

That said. My "niece" is getting married on Friday. She is a beautiful girl inside and out. She is strong and confident. She has a tender and forgiving heart. She is a worrywart and a mother hen to her own nieces and nephew. She is going to be a beautiful bride and a wonderful wife and mother. I hope I am able to give her the support system she needs as her married life takes twists and turns and ups and downs. May she also have the strong bond with her own children that she and her mother have.

Congratulations, Teeka! May this be the first of many wonderful memories of your life with your husband.

No comments: