Monday, April 20, 2009

Menu Monday

Monday - Chicken strips, white gravy, kids pick veggie

Tuesday - porkupine meatballs in a tomato gravy, mashed potatoes, kids pick veggie

Wednesday - Chicken enchiladas; salad/slaw

Thursday - Nacho casserole

Friday - Leftovers!

Things run so much better when I plan ahead. Mondays and Thursdays are busy days at work. I usually plan leftovers or quick meals. I ask for input from the family as to what they are hungry for. They tend to eat better if they have some say-so in the meal. Daniel ALWAYS asks for Heather's chicken enchiladas. I think he could eat them every day. I have some packs of ground meat that are rather large. I'll defrost one and make the meatballs, then cook the other portion to make the nacho casserole. Leftovers means clean out the fridge of whatever is left. Around here, I eat the leftovers the next day for lunch and the kids eat it after school as snack. They are starving, ya know!

No comments: