Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Shrimping season is OPEN

I live somewhat near the Gulf Of Mexico. I also leave near some huge lakes. Shrimping season opened Monday. And you know that that means?

My Wonderfully Amazing Husband went shrimpin with his awesome baby brother and they loaded up! Once their icechests were full they headed home. You know how my husband got paid for his help? He brought me home an icechest full of fresh shrimp. Shrimp that were HUGE. We left them on ice and went to bed. It was a long day in the sun and we were both pooped.
Richard and I headed them Tuesay - and got soaked in a rain storm while sitting on the front porch. The wind was howling and whipping the trees around. Not my favorite thing. Naturally, when we were done heading, the rain stopped. I was drenched. I rinsed the shrimp in the kitchen sink and doubled bagged them in freezer bags. Their spikes have a way of puncturing the bags. Not good to have your freezing smelling all shrimpy. I put up 8 bags with 5 dozen shrimp in each of them. I'm set for a little while at least.

Then I peeled some, cause who can be all around shrimp and not have their mouth water? Richard fried the shrimp, onion rings, potatoe wedges and.. dill pickles.
Leftovers today. Cold fried shrimp MMMMM

I love living in the south, especially in Louisiana!

This was after we had all eaten. Click to enjoy the yumminess up close.



5 comments:

Melanie said...

Yum! I haven't had fried shrimp in YEARS. We're getting some shrimp from Clint's uncle next time we see them. I DETEST deheading/peelng them though.

Rachel said...

Use gloves. Latex ones, like the doctors. It works soo much faster/better. No slimy feeling and it helps with the cold.

Kelly said...

YUM! All of that looks so good!

Jennifer said...

YUUUUMMMMM!!! Wanna mail me a bag? LOL! I have a bag in the freezer I was thinking of grilling tomorrow, but I may fry them instead. The fried ones with the onions, potatoes and pickles look divine!

BTW, I love living on the Gulf Coast too.

Jennifer said...

You have inspired me. I will be making fried shrimp poboys, french fries, onion rings, fried dill pickles, and slaw for tonights supper!!