Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Busy weekend.

I had a nonstop weekend even though I was off.

Friday afternoon, my friends and I decided to go garage saling Saturday morning. We hadn't been in a good while and wanted to spend time together and have some fun. Never a dull moment with us. I picked up a few things. Nothing major, well, except for Sarah's "crunches". Better known as crutches.

Oh yes. She gave me a hard time for not buying her some "crunches" to play with and has never let me live it down. So, when I saw some more for sale I scooped them up. She has had the best time with those silly thing LOL She loves to "ride them" as she refers to using them to walk. Silly girl! Best 3.00 I spent.

Jessica bought a computer on Saturday. She's really growing up! She discovered that owning a computer is much more than plunking down the money in the add. There are virus protectors and wireless cable and routers.. and of course - fun in being able to get online when she wants to.

Sunday was spent cleaning. Egads! I am so glad I follow Flylady, even if it is very loosely. Our vanity top was ... just filthy! Now it sparkles and I love going in there. Laundry was done, bathroom cleaned, mopped, vacuumed, dusted, picked up and put up, and the kitchen cleaned! Daniel mowed the lawn. I feel like I got so much accomplished.

Rich grilled burgers on Sunday, so that freed up a lot of time on my part.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm jealous of all you accomplished. I did nothing this weekend except try not to throw up.

Melanie said...

That is really funny about the crutches. I had my dad make me some when I was a kid. My friends and I wanted some real ones SO bad to play with. We even made paper mache casts for our arms and would walk around the block pretending to have a broken arm. LOL!