Friday, July 03, 2009

nurse Rachel

Ugh, I don't like it when my kids are sick or hurt. Daniel took the bandages off his toes tonight and was to soak them. One toe bled a little. Then stopped.. then it started again hours later and would not stop. We soaked them and it kept on bleeding. I called the ER and they said apply pressure for 15 mins, hard pressure, and elevate foot. It will stop.

Get the gauze and the timer. Prep baby boy (who is now 17) of what I MUST do. Begin to cry. Start timer and apply pressure. By this time I"m sobbing. He said it didn't hurt. 15 mins is an eternity. Take off pressure. Bleeding again. 2 more rounds. Each time it hurts a bit more.

Finally it stopped. I don't think i'm gonna get much sleep tonight. He's fine.. I'm a wreck.

Tomorrow is another day.

1 comment:

Saved Sinner said...

What a rollercoaster. I'm keeping you in my prayers.