Sunday, September 13, 2009

Stopping by...

Work has been stressful to say the least. I'm giving it my best shot. We will see. It's tough. I won't lie.

I spent the weekend relaxing at home. It rained most of the time and days like that I love to be in the kitchen. I whipped up some coffee mixes. YUM! It's like having Starbucks IN my house. MMMM

I also mixed up some more detergent. This time I used Castile bar soap. So far so good. I did the math and it equals to .09 a load. The cheapest I can find detergent is .14, and that's usually with a coupon. Next time I'm making a double or triple batch. The hardest thing is pushing the bar of soap thru the processor lol. Since I'll have everything out, it just makes sense to make a few batches at once.

I am not the only one who lives to be in the kitchen when it rains. Richard cooked chicken and sausage gumbo Saturday afternoon. I made the potatoe salad. MMM Good eating.

Today, he bought me a deep fryer and we had homemade fries, salad and wings! I have been so hungry for wings. They were so good and eating them at home was so much better than trying to get everyone dressed and happy and to the place, which is usually so loud with the tvs and music. I think we will be very happy with the fryer. Next up is shrimp! I have been wanting to cook them but Rich's frying stuff has been at his uncles. They fry fish for clients and keep it all at the shop. We don't each much fried stuff, but sometimes it is a nice treat.

Time to go put the food up and run the dishwasher... hopefully work will go better this week.

No comments: