Tuesday, March 02, 2010

coupon catchup

I love saving money and I am having a ball doing it! Kroger has been having great sales these past few weeks. I started couponing in 2005 and haven't looked back. Thru trial and error I have muddled my way thru couponing 101.



Here recently, my stock was starting to get depleted so I'm working on getting it built back up. I don't order coupons and buy in mass quantities, but I do stock up when prices go low enough with or without coupons. The extra freezer is stuffed with hotdogs, veggies, cheese and meats. The hot pockets and stroudels were the first to go. I don't think I could ever have enough of those. The cabinets are full of canned goods and boxes of brownies and cakes mixes. The snack cabinet is filled with cereal, cookies, bread and chips. The medicine cabinet is stocked full of cold and cough meds, aspirin, Tylenol, Excedrin. The bathrooms have xtra soaps and shampoos. The cleaning cabinet is packed with cleaners, and I probably have 6 to 8 months of laundry detergent, softener and dryer sheets, and dishsoap.



I'm needing toothpaste, toilet paper and paper towels, and deoderant. Not too shabby!!



I will never forget when I first started using coupons my oldest asked, "Are you embarrassed?" hahaha, not at all! I usually save 60.00+ a week on my grocery bill. I also buy EVERYTHING at the grocery store.

No comments: