Thursday, March 11, 2010

it won't last forever

Time stands still for no one. How true.

My sister has come up with a new way to deal with things. You know how you are dreading something happening? It eats at you and sometimes can even make you physically ill? She is having her toenail removed and the roots killed so it will not grow back. She is nervous. Very nervous of the shots. After that, it will be a breeze. So, she tells herself:

The shots will take just a few moments in time. They will not last forever. They shots will come and go and then the procedure will be done. It will be fast and easy. The staff will move on the next patient and I will go home to recover. It will be over and done with faster than I think.

My baby sister is full of wisdom. I have now resorted to telling myself the above whenever things arise for me! And... it works!

No comments: