Thursday, March 04, 2010

trying to stay organized - home binder

My job now keeps me busy. Very busy. CRAZY busy. Factor in hauling kids around and keeping up with a house, the bills, the cleaning, shopping, errands and cooking when Rich doesn't and you get one tired mamma.

In my quest for organizing I stumbled across FlyLady. Taking her idea and making it work for my home and life... wow.

I sat down one day and thought about all the things I wanted done each week and then in each zone. Once the list was made my thinking days were over. FREEDOM. I can look at my list for the day or the zone and see what needs to be done. No more thinking when was the last time I cleaned the windows or purged the drawers or closets. It has all be thought out for me!

At the end of a 12-16 hour day, my brain is mush and I don't want to make decisions or think anymore. Now I don't have to. My menu planner tells me what to make and the home binder tells me what needs to be done in the house. This means more free time for me and much less stress.

If I slack off or get swamped at work, I can just pick up the binder and jump right in knowing in a month whatever got skipped over will get done.

Think once, use a list after that. It works for me.

1 comment:

The Semi-single Mom said...

I LOVE her. You can also fan her on facebook. I am getting back into the flylady groove after falling off for a bit while the baby was young but now that we are on a little bit of a schedule its helping. I just hope to continue the months the hubby is home.