Sunday, April 11, 2010

2 weeks

I'm just about back to my old self. I still cannot carry heavy things, twist, or reach about my head too quickly or it hurts or starts to burn. It hurts if I accidentally push up against something with my stomach. I'm not tired, no more naps and I feel great. It's amazing.

The doctor said my cyst was actually a tumor and it was 5 cm! He said the surgery was rough and was worried I would be in a lot of pain afterwards. He was right. They will be watching me with ultrasounds and blood working because this type of tumor has a history of popping up on the other ovary. They want to catch it asap. I have an awesome doctor.

We have a wedding to go to next weekend. I am due to start my cycle that same day, except now I can still go to the wedding and enjoy it! I am sure had I not had the ablation, there would be no way I would attend the wedding. I never realized how bad my cycles were until a friend asked why was I letting my cycles control my life. That really got me thinking on all the things I had missed. A few kind words by others who had gone thru it and the final words of "just talk to your doctor" was all it took. I am so glad I listened to them.

Now, to just finish up healing from the removal of the tumor and my ovary!

No comments: